Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
368 Ottawa Street South | 8 fl | Proposed
(05-10-2022, 08:53 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Just as an FYI, my work allows me to make a lot of observations about vehicles in relation to Cooperative housing and 'affordable" house.  You would be very surprised at the amount of high end vehicles parked in these lots.  I often ask myself, how the heck do they afford these vehicles that I cant afford.... but I know the answer...

Actually, I’m not particularly clear on what you are alleging.

Re: car usage, I think it depends in part on what we mean by “affordable housing”. If we’re talking about an alternative to homelessness, it’s obvious that parking should not be included: it makes more sense to get 50 people off the street with no parking than 40 with parking (who probably can’t afford a vehicle anyway). But if we’re just talking about making sure that accommodation is available at a lower price point than it is in the larger market, then as ac3r points out many of these people don’t have good alternatives to vehicle use.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 368 Ottawa Street South | 8 fl | Proposed - by ijmorlan - 05-10-2022, 09:12 AM