Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
130-142 Victoria Street South | 25 fl | Proposed
A decent project, IMO. Architecturally I don't find it that inspiring, but it is what it is (a condo...). The potential integration of the old Victoria Apartments building would be nice to see. I appreciate the fact that this is aiming to have a variety of units. While the majority are 1 bedroom, there is a mixture of 1 and 2 bedroom units with dens, studio apartments and I heard live/work spaces on the second floor which would share the office space, though I forget if that was confirmed (too lazy to check the documents). More retail is also great to see.

This will also help revitalize Victoria Street itself. It is, as posters here often call it, a traffic sewer at the present moment but with more high density projects along here, it will help catalyze a renovation of the street itself, hopefully improving it for mixed use - vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians. More density on Victoria will also help build the case for an east-west LRT in the future, especially considering there is a lot of room for development along that road.

Expect the NIMBYs to be complaining about this one as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 130 Victoria Street South | 25 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 04-12-2022, 11:11 AM