Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union Burger
Union Burger at King and Water Sts seems to be doing quite well. It seems to fit in a "sweet spot" between the fast food joints and the gourmet burger establishments. I've been a few times now and I find the burgers quite good.

I also checked them out during the Classic Car night in July. Their food was pretty good and I was surprised to see that a "combo" included a domestic beer if you wanted !

The only drawback was - at the time - the patio was not licensed, so if you wanted the combo with a beer, you had to eat it inside.

Anyone know if they got their patio licensed yet?
I'm a big fan of their burgers. I particularly liked the bourbon burger! Try it.
In Port Elgin, I was amused to see a combination Union Burger and Coffee Culture building, next to a Crabby Joe's. (All three are owned by the same company.)
We tried Union Burger on Saturday night. I'm a milkshake connoisseur, and I'd rate theirs 8/10 (which is excellent!).

It's really pricey ($8 for a burger, $4 more to make it a combo - fries and a fountain drink), but the food was very good. In general it really bothers me when places have "Combos" and then you have to pay the extra full price for the milkshake, but you don't get the drink in the combo - and there's no discount for not having the drink. So basically it was $4 for fries.
(02-05-2017, 05:28 PM)Canard Wrote: In general it really bothers me when places have "Combos" and then you have to pay the extra full price for the milkshake, but you don't get the drink in the combo - and there's no discount for not having the drink.  So basically it was $4 for fries.

I'm right there with you.

Order the burger and milkshake next time -- Skip the calories and anger.
(02-05-2017, 05:28 PM)Canard Wrote: We tried Union Burger on Saturday night.  I'm a milkshake connoisseur, and I'd rate theirs 8/10 (which is excellent!).

It's really pricey ($8 for a burger, $4 more to make it a combo - fries and a fountain drink), but the food was very good.  In general it really bothers me when places have "Combos" and then you have to pay the extra full price for the milkshake, but you don't get the drink in the combo - and there's no discount for not having the drink.  So basically it was $4 for fries.

I adore a good burger so I put it to you, would you recommend Union Burger? If the shake was an 8/10, how would you rate the burger?

It was good, but not Culver's good. Big Grin
My favourite burger in KW so far is the bacon cheeseburger from the Crazy Canuck. I don't have a favourite veggie burger in KW yet (though I want to try The Yeti Cafe's beet burger). The Kenzington Burger Bar in Barrie and Orillia has a fantastic veggie burger, but the best I've had by far is the Beet and hemp burger from the Townhouse Tavern in Sudbury. I've never ordered anything else from there because that burger is so damn good.
Thanks for the input, guys. I also really like Frat Burger. Meat is ground from locally sourced beef so you can order it medium if you like.
(02-05-2017, 10:12 PM)jamincan Wrote: My favourite burger in KW so far is the bacon cheeseburger from the Crazy Canuck. I don't have a favourite veggie burger in KW yet (though I want to try The Yeti Cafe's beet burger). The Kenzington Burger Bar in Barrie and Orillia has a fantastic veggie burger, but the best I've had by far is the Beet and hemp burger from the Townhouse Tavern in Sudbury. I've never ordered anything else from there because that burger is so damn good.

Crazy Canuck is definitely in my top 3!  So good.

The other two are the Bent Elbow Burger at Bent Elbow, and the burger at The Puslinch Marina.  (Although maybe not Waterloo Region)
I really enjoy the veggie burger from Union burger. When I lived near Centre in the Square, I used to regularly get BOGO free coupons for burgers for Union Burger. It's a really good deal at that rate Smile.

I always find the price of burger + fries is the same as the combo, simply because the drinks cost the company practically nothing. I never want a drink, so I often skip the fries too :/.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »