Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murdoch Mysteries Filming locations
If you are a fan of Murdoch Mysteries you have no doubt noticed many of the locations used in the show are filmed in this reason as a stand in for 1890's Toronto.

Here is a featurette for the season 8 finale that includes the Walper Hotel and Victoria Park to name a few.

I took my daughter to a day of filming in Cambridge last year... she thought it was amazing to see all the actors se loves to watch weekly (Yannick even stopped to pose for pictures, so a picture with Murdoch was a huge happy moment for her!).

Its great to see our local scenes as we watch the episodes!
Murdoch Mysteries is filming in Victoria Park this morning. They have a pavilion set up on the island, dozens of people in period clothing milling about, and horse drawn carriages near the north end of the park. It'll be interesting to see a glimpse of how the park looked 100 years ago.  (Sorry, I didn't get any pics)
The island is perfect for that - no modern buildings in clear view, and the heritage bandshell and bridge in close proximity.
I noticed a building in Peterborough in the season premiere.

Have they ever filmed at Doon? I know they've been to Westfield, and I imagine they've been to Black Creek.
The only two Kitchener locations I'm aware of would be Victoria Park and the Walper. I assume they've been in Galt from time to time?
[Image: LBGDVGW.jpg]

It's a lovely set.
(09-28-2017, 09:18 AM)panamaniac Wrote: The only two Kitchener locations I'm aware of would be Victoria Park and the Walper.  I assume they've been in Galt from time to time?

Frequently. They've used a lot of houses there as filming locations. A lot of filming by the river, on Water Street, and at the Carnegie Library too.
Was there something in Ayr ON as well?
I think they also did some filming at The Walper in early seasons.

By the way, I think this is an excellent program with lots of history (both factual and alternate), mystery (obviously), comedy and good elements of sci-fi.
I did cringe when one episode featured a con artist as being wanted in "Cambridge" in the 1890s. Granted, Murdoch could have been referring to Cambridge Mills, the old name for Preston, or maybe this con artist hopped a steamer once, but it was a definite groaner for whoever the script writer was.
(09-29-2017, 12:11 AM)DHLawrence Wrote: I did cringe when one episode featured a con artist as being wanted in "Cambridge" in the 1890s. Granted, Murdoch could have been referring to Cambridge Mills, the old name for Preston, or maybe this con artist hopped a steamer once, but it was a definite groaner for whoever the script writer was.

He must of being referring to Cambridge Mills.... Murdoch is too smart to make historically inaccurate comments! Wink

Coke

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »