Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
Re DTK, I haven't been for a couple of years, but I used to find TWH Social at the Walper to be well above average. Gilt was also very good, on a good night.

I would also add The Guanaquita Restaurant.. very good..
I would also add Darlise Cafe, Grand Trunk Saloon and Givral Deli.
(01-02-2020, 09:05 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: I would also add Darlise Cafe, Grand Trunk Saloon and Givral Deli.
Yes,  I will give a nod to them as well...
Maybe we should do a list of the eateries in DTK to avoid (seems it might be shorter) ....
Wow, shame Fork and Cork is closing
I believe the building will be split into a smaller restaurant and a hair salon.

There's a coming soon sign up for Mr Mike's Steakhouse Casual at the corner of Fischer Hallman and Westmount in Williamsburg (beside the CIBC)
https://www.mrmikes.ca/locations/

Looks like a Western Canada based chain, but its nice to see the retail/food components of Williamsburg slowly getting built up.
Good to see something more than the CIBC on that corner.
I believe The Anchor Bar in uptown Waterloo has shut it's doors.
(01-29-2020, 12:57 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: I believe The Anchor Bar in uptown Waterloo has shut it's doors.

Hardly a surprise. A huge expensive unit, and a general belief the restaurant was mediocre. Never saw many people inside.
That unit seems to have difficulty keeping tenants.
(01-29-2020, 10:18 AM)jamincan Wrote: That unit seems to have difficulty keeping tenants.

To be fair, I'd say it was the two shitty US style chains that were located in the unit. So many better options within a five minute walk.

Where was the Anchor Bar located? I've never heard of it.
Waterloo Region musician develops app to promote live acts

Jay Leonard wants users and venues to support Social Kindred
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »