Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
Just for fun and in about 5 min on my iPhone. A 57 storey photoshopped to the Ziggys site. (Some Toronto proposal I forget which one) tried to make it somewhat to scale 180-185m 

I will buy the penthouse. Just waiting for the OLG to come through.
May be time to update the thread title from Proposed to Under Construction.
(10-15-2022, 01:54 AM)ac3r Wrote: May be time to update the thread title from Proposed to Under Construction.

Once we see some concrete being poured! Until then they are just digging a big hole ...
We've had this discussion before, but somebody would have to walk me through how an investor could come out ahead by buying a unit(s) in this building in the present conditions.
(10-16-2022, 11:15 AM)panamaniac Wrote: We've had this discussion before, but somebody would have to walk me through how an investor could come out ahead by buying a unit(s) in this building in the present conditions.

I am also surprised any work is being done here… I can’t imagine they sold many units at all.
I saw a report from staff documents saying it sold out and sold out fast. I think they lucked out with their timing and investors got unlucky by paying those ridiculous prices before the down swing

(10-15-2022, 10:47 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 01:54 AM)ac3r Wrote: May be time to update the thread title from Proposed to Under Construction.

Once we see some concrete being poured! Until then they are just digging a big hole ...

That's construction though. They don't start digging holes without any plans to actually construct a skyscraper that nearly sold out in an instant.
(10-14-2022, 07:23 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Just for fun and in about 5 min on my iPhone. A 57 storey photoshopped to the Ziggys site. (Some Toronto proposal I forget which one) tried to make it somewhat to scale 180-185m 

Pretty sure this is from one of the new proposals along Danforth. Shame nothing this good will come to Kitchener anytime soon.
They must have sold enough to get financing for the project.
(10-16-2022, 02:43 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 10:47 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Once we see some concrete being poured! Until then they are just digging a big hole ...

That's construction though. They don't start digging holes without any plans to actually construct a skyscraper that nearly sold out in an instant.

Not arguing that it won't get built. Smile But we usually update the thread status once there is actual construction, not just excavation.
(10-26-2022, 03:16 PM)neonjoe Wrote: Maybe they have hired Drewlo's construction firm to build it...

Funny story about Drewlo: On Strasburg Rd where you have those two apartments going up, both builds started at the same time. The one apartment topped out at 9 floors. The other building, Drewlo, is still on the 1st floor.

Drewlo is slow. Thankfully, TEK isn't Drewlo, otherwise it would probably take 30 years to complete.
This should be under 2 years to top out baring any set backs. 6-8 months to dig and reach grade. (Not much underground parking so they don’t have to go too deep) and a year to top out (roughly 1 floor per week average) DTK was 26 months I think from shoring to top out and that includes the Covid work stoppage. But maybe I’m too optimistic

(10-26-2022, 07:17 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: This should be under 2 years to top out baring any set backs. 6-8 months to dig and reach grade. (Not much underground parking so they don’t have to go too deep) and a year to top out (roughly 1 floor per week average) DTK was 26 months I think from shoring to top out and that includes the Covid work stoppage. But maybe I’m too optimistic

DTK started pilings in January 2019 (you can find it all in the thread!) and I think topped out about a year ago so roughly 33 months. I personally see topping out in 2024 as super optimistic. Smile
Yeah highly unlikely this takes two years. Plus they have a few other projects in the pipeline. If they start their other two (or even just one) skyscrapers then it might take as long as they say.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »