Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 Dorset St., Waterloo - Boutique Condo
The 11-storey building at 28 Dorset St., Waterloo, across the street from the old Carnegie library, will have only 29 residential units, ranging from 1,222-4,884 square feet.   Units starting at $1.85 million.

https://x.com/WR_Record/status/1795787188249964917

Good luck to them. Hopefully they can find some buyers.  

I really like the look of this building. 

I have doubts we will ever see this building built though.
There's an existing thread on this, back from when it was called the Isabella. https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...p?tid=1174
Looks like something borrowed out of a Olde Oakville proposal. Bit odd but all the power to them to try it.
I forgot about this one. It was proposed over half a decade ago and never went anywhere. Looks like it's on its 3rd design, still going with the faux-historical style although it seems to be worse than the previous iteration, which I was on the fence about (it's kitsch, but with good materials it could have looked okay). Now this sort of reminds me of those really kitsch buildings you see the Chinese or Saudi's building, where they try to have it look like a building from central Paris.

Quote:Other planned features include smart building technology, a concierge and security, a bar and dining area with private catering kitchen, a conference room, an owners’ lounge with private bottle storage, a golf simulator, fitness centre, yoga room and a rooftop terrace.

This seems like something they will backpedal on once they secure enough buyers. Nobody is going to care about a bar and...golf simulator. Those are weird features to include in a Waterloo, Ontario condo.
(05-29-2024, 05:52 PM)ac3r Wrote: I forgot about this one. It was proposed over half a decade ago and never went anywhere. Looks like it's on its 3rd design, still going with the faux-historical style although it seems to be worse than the previous iteration, which I was on the fence about (it's kitsch, but with good materials it could have looked okay). Now this sort of reminds me of those really kitsch buildings you see the Chinese or Saudi's building, where they try to have it look like a building from central Paris.

Quote:Other planned features include smart building technology, a concierge and security, a bar and dining area with private catering kitchen, a conference room, an owners’ lounge with private bottle storage, a golf simulator, fitness centre, yoga room and a rooftop terrace.

This seems like something they will backpedal on once they secure enough buyers. Nobody is going to care about a bar and...golf simulator. Those are weird features to include in a Waterloo, Ontario condo.

I don't know, Waterloo has enough pretentious to make a go of it, one would think.  Folks with need to get some goodies in return for the four figure monthly condo fees.
I do think there's probably a market for a high-end condo in Waterloo, now. We definitely have some very high paying jobs in the area, and not everyone wants to maintain the property that tends to come with a big house. And if you're the sort of person who likes eating at restaurants a few nights a week, living one or two blocks away from a number of spots seems vastly preferrable to living a 20+ minute drive away.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »