Waterloo Region Connected
Attachments - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Connected Café (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Attachments (/showthread.php?tid=1629)

Pages: 1 2

Attachments - Acitta - 11-03-2021

The ability to add attachments seems to be not functioning today. The buttons don't show when writing a post.

RE: Attachments - Spokes - 11-03-2021

You're right.  The forum software was just updated the other day, I have a feeling that has something to do with it.  We'll play around with it

RE: Attachments - Spokes - 11-03-2021

So there's an issue with the attachment box showing up with our theme.  As a temporary workaround, if you need to post an attachment, you can use the theme selector drop down in the bottom right corner and change it to default.  With the updated software just click the box and select your file to upload.

RE: Attachments - Acitta - 11-04-2021

(11-03-2021, 09:47 PM)Spokes Wrote: So there's an issue with the attachment box showing up with our theme.  As a temporary workaround, if you need to post an attachment, you can use the theme selector drop down in the bottom right corner and change it to default.  With the updated software just click the box and select your file to upload.

When I do that, I get the file selection dialogue, but nothing appears to get uploaded.

RE: Attachments - Spokes - 11-05-2021

Ok. I'm away from my computer at the moment but will play around with it

Anyone else having this issue?

RE: Attachments - tomh009 - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 07:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: Ok. I'm away from my computer at the moment but will play around with it

Anyone else having this issue?

No attachment buttons for me with the standard theme. Switch to the (MyBB) default theme, and it allows drag and drop for attachments.

Tested on Edge on Windows.

RE: Attachments - tomh009 - 11-21-2021

I can't do attachments with the default theme now, either ...

RE: Attachments - Spokes - 11-22-2021

Mobile or desktop?

RE: Attachments - tomh009 - 11-22-2021

Desktop. I can drag a file onto the page to add it but it doesn't show as an attachment. I need to then do a preview, and only then can I insert it into the post.

Should we be switching everyone to the default theme since the standard theme doesn't support attachments any more?

RE: Attachments - taylortbb - 11-22-2021

(11-22-2021, 10:26 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Desktop. I can drag a file onto the page to add it but it doesn't show as an attachment. I need to then do a preview, and only then can I insert it into the post.

Should we be switching everyone to the default theme since the standard theme doesn't support attachments any more?

It looks like the issue with the WRC theme is a bit of mis-targeted CSS. The drag-drop upload target is
, but if you look at it in Chrome developer tools you see there's a CSS rule .toggle, [id^="drop"] { display: none; } from navigation.css, which is causing it to disappear on the WRC theme. If I toggle off that rule the drag-drop upload area appears, and I can successfully attach images using the WRC theme.

It's still imperfect, as it doesn't show as an attachment and I have to preview the post, like you mentioned. But that's the same on all the themes as far as I can tell. Editing that CSS rule to be a little more specific to the nav bar should save us from having to switch themes.

RE: Attachments - Spokes - 11-23-2021

Taylor, just sent you a PM

RE: Attachments - plam - 11-24-2021

(11-22-2021, 03:54 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 10:26 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Desktop. I can drag a file onto the page to add it but it doesn't show as an attachment. I need to then do a preview, and only then can I insert it into the post.

It looks like the issue with the WRC theme is a bit of mis-targeted CSS. The drag-drop upload target is
, but if you look at it in Chrome developer tools you see there's a CSS rule .toggle, [id^="drop"] { display: none; } from navigation.css, which is causing it to disappear on the WRC theme. If I toggle off that rule the drag-drop upload area appears, and I can successfully attach images using the WRC theme.

It's still imperfect, as it doesn't show as an attachment and I have to preview the post, like you mentioned. But that's the same on all the themes as far as I can tell. Editing that CSS rule to be a little more specific to the nav bar should save us from having to switch themes.

I can probably edit that. Do you think it's safe to just disable that rule in navigation.css wholesale?

RE: Attachments - taylortbb - 11-24-2021

(11-24-2021, 06:00 AM)plam Wrote: Do you think it's safe to just disable that rule in navigation.css wholesale?

Probably not, I think it's a necessary part of the pop-down menus. I'd just change the ".toggle, [id^="drop"]" to ".toggle, nav [id^="drop"]" so that it only applies to the nav bar.

RE: Attachments - plam - 11-24-2021

(11-24-2021, 12:34 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 06:00 AM)plam Wrote: Do you think it's safe to just disable that rule in navigation.css wholesale?

Probably not, I think it's a necessary part of the pop-down menus. I'd just change the ".toggle, [id^="drop"]" to ".toggle, nav [id^="drop"]" so that it only applies to the nav bar.

Let's see if I managed to add an attachment. Looks like it worked. Thanks taylortbb!

RE: Attachments - Spokes - 11-25-2021

You beat me to it! Taylor the instructions you sent me are sitting open right next to me for this weekend. Thanks to both of you. I'm still amazed at the great people in this community