Waterloo Region Connected
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C (/showthread.php?tid=131)

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - tomh009 - 09-06-2019

Yes. And possibly two of them.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - Spokes - 09-06-2019

are they doing both towers at once?

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - taylortbb - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 12:59 PM)Spokes Wrote: are they doing both towers at once?

It certainly looks like it. Given they share a podium including the parking garage I don't see how they could do otherwise.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - white_brian - 09-06-2019

As of tonight there is a fairly large concrete pad over on the Cameron and Madison side. No where near as big as the others and set maybe 20ft from the outside walls. Last section of wall had had the forms installed for the King St wall

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - white_brian - 09-24-2019

Looks like they are almost done the rear tower pad rebar.
Tower one has a tower crane base on it but not yet installed. (Not sure where it will go yet)

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 09-24-2019

(09-24-2019, 10:43 AM)white_brian Wrote: Looks like they are almost done the rear tower pad rebar.
Tower one has a tower crane base on it but not yet installed.  (Not sure where it will go yet)
I can't figure it out either because of where all the walls are it is hard to picture where a tower crane will go on the first pad. since all the walls are close together on that corner. maybe it is where the crane is currently sitting?

The foundation anchors are sitting beside it, my thinking is that the crane pad has not been prepared. Or it will be in one of the boxes behind the King St tower

(09-24-2019, 06:34 PM)white_brian Wrote: The foundation anchors are sitting beside it, my thinking is that the crane pad has not been prepared. Or it will be in one of the boxes behind the King St tower
That would make sense so where they are putting in the columns now but closer to the tower.

There are large square footings behind the King St tower. My thinking is the crane might go in one of those, unless there is a hole in the pad and it is just covered at the moment

(09-24-2019, 08:09 PM)white_brian Wrote: There are large square footings behind the King St tower. My thinking is the crane might go in one of those, unless there is a  hole in the pad and it is just covered at the moment
They all have rebar for columns though. So that was why I was saying I think they are still gonna make one that is closer to the pad currently. But who knows at this point we've all been wrong before.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 09-25-2019

there pouring the next raft slab on Saturday from 2 am to 7 pm based upon the road closure information on the city website.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - BruceAshe - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 06:01 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: there pouring the next raft slab on Saturday from 2 am to 7 pm based upon the road closure information on the city website.

We got a notice delivered today to let us know about the work being done outside of normal hours. Other than some trucks, I assume this won't be terribly loud, right? Sound in this area really travels and magnifies.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 09-26-2019

(09-25-2019, 06:31 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: We got a notice delivered today to let us know about the work being done outside of normal hours. Other than some trucks, I assume this won't be terribly loud, right? Sound in this area really travels and magnifies.
I wouldn't think so it's probably a pump truck and cement trucks. It looks like the tower crane base is in place. Crane should be coming soon I would assume.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - Square - 09-26-2019

(09-26-2019, 03:24 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 06:31 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: We got a notice delivered today to let us know about the work being done outside of normal hours. Other than some trucks, I assume this won't be terribly loud, right? Sound in this area really travels and magnifies.
I wouldn't think so it's probably a pump truck and cement trucks. It looks like the tower crane base is in place. Crane should be coming soon I would assume.
Hopefully both cranes, so when I do my walk downtown I will see all the cranes at once.

RE: Drewlo Downtown project | 22 & 18 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 09-26-2019

(09-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Square Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 03:24 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: I wouldn't think so it's probably a pump truck and cement trucks. It looks like the tower crane base is in place. Crane should be coming soon I would assume.
Hopefully both cranes, so when I do my walk downtown I will see all the cranes at once.
would it be cheaper for them both to go up at the same time instead of renting a mobile crane twice?