Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verses Restaurant - SOLD
A few weeks ago we made a reservation for Oct as we have never been here and with great reviews we wanted to give it a try.
Today we just got an email from them indicating it has been sold.
Below is the email:

Verses restaurant has been SOLD. We will be offering lunch until September 12th and dinner until September 27th.
Effective September 30th Verses will be the new home of Chin Christian Church.
We would like to thank every one for their support and patronage for the last 11 years and we will miss each and every one of you.

Deb and the gang

I wonder if Verses plans to open in another location, or if the owners are just moving on à la Peter Martin? I never got around to trying them, but I understand it was one of the top-rated restaurants in the Region if
I heard it was really good too. Hopefully they open up another spot soon

I wonder if the church will be there long term. I'm surprised after all it cost to convert from a church to a restaurant that it'll be converted back. It's got redevelopment potential for sure? It's in a mixed use corridor.
Isn't a church an element of "mixed use"?
It certainly is for those who will be attending!
Well, the building has come full circle back to it's originally constructed purpose.

I bet their business will go through the roof once word gets out it's closing down come Sept 27th. I hope they open up in a new location - I've only ever had lunch there, but it was quite nice!

It was also a relief to discover I didn't burst into flames walking into an (ex) Church! Smile
panamaniac Wrote:I wonder if Verses plans to open in another location, or if the owners are just moving on à la Peter Martin? I never got around to trying them, but I understand it was one of the top-rated restaurants in the Region if

Based on the record article it sounds like long hours took an excessive toll on the co-owners' personal lives.

As well that they definitely won't be looking for another location.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »