Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Transport Humour -- Waterloo Station
[Image: yvmcTFD.jpg]

Apparently this is an art genre, e.g.
Guerrilla signs: 15 funny road and rail notices
Rail bosses show rare glimpse of humour with signs advising Beatles tourists they are at the wrong Abbey Road
Sign Language (funny)

Who knew?
Thx Ookpik, I had no idea guerilla signs existed. Clever!
A good collection of the guerrilla signs here:
http://imgur.com/a/lUWTG
The Brits are certainly different. A few years ago we were travelling in the UK by rail. We arrived in Chester on a main line to transfer to a local, privatised railway. It turned out the local rail was on strike. There were signs throughout the station that announced this. The signs directed us to go upstairs to street level for alternate arrangements. The signs even had a schedule that indicated when these rotating strikes would be occurring over the ensuing month or two and which lines they'd affect. When we got to the street there were chartered buses waiting for us. No one asked to see our rail tickets. They just assumed we were honest. Anyway we got to where we needed to go. It took a bit longer because the bus had to go through an endless series of small towns. But we got there. All very civilised. And likely only in Britain.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »