Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Columbia | 22 fl | Complete
Panamaniac replied to one other of my posts and the quote showed but the reply was blank.   Perhaps something went wrong with his account.   Would recreating his account solve the issue?  

(10-03-2014, 10:25 AM)rickhd Wrote: Panamaniac replied to one other of my posts and the quote showed but the reply was blank.   Perhaps something went wrong with his account.   Would recreating his account solve the issue?  

He's since replied to a few posts and it's shown up. I'm hoping the steps I tried remedied the problem for all future posts, but might not change things with the posts that didn't show up
I seem to have a problem replying to messages. I think my invisible comments related to the earlier comments about the student towers lasting five years. They will, unfortunately, be around for a lot longer than that, like a lingering reminder of when Waterloo got it so wrong. I would, however, give it about ten years before the shoddy construction and constant student renter turnover start to catch up with them. Unless there's a very high level of maintenance and repair, which would surprise me, these are going to be some pretty nasty places to live, I'd wager.
Are you still having an issue replying? Since yesterday I haven't noticed any problems with your posts showing up. We might be good to go.

Back on topic...I think you're right sadly. As much as we might want these to be gone in 5 years, they'll be here for a while. Best case scenario is that they can retrofit some ground floor retail into them. That process has started on a lot of buildings, but there has to be the desire to do so and I'm not sure Schembri has that.
(10-03-2014, 12:32 PM)Spokes Wrote: Are you still having an issue replying? Since yesterday I haven't noticed any problems with your posts showing up. We might be good to go.

Back on topic...I think you're right sadly. As much as we might want these to be gone in 5 years, they'll be here for a while. Best case scenario is that they can retrofit some ground floor retail into them. That process has started on a lot of buildings, but there has to be the desire to do so and I'm not sure Schembri has that.
So the post above was me trying to reply to you post. When I simply submit a new message, like this, it seems to work. I wonder if I am somehow replying incorrectly? Is that even possible?
(10-03-2014, 12:38 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So the post above was me trying to reply to you post.  When I simply submit a new message, like this, it seems to work.  I wonder if I am somehow replying incorrectly?  Is that even possible?

Are you hitting reply on someone's post, or the "New Reply" button?

If on someone's post, Are you hitting quote?  Reply?  Both?  

The quote feature doesn't seem to do anything as hitting reply replies with a quote.

(10-03-2014, 12:41 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 12:38 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So the post above was me trying to reply to you post.  When I simply submit a new message, like this, it seems to work.  I wonder if I am somehow replying incorrectly?  Is that even possible?

Are you hitting reply on someone's post, or the "New Reply" button?

If on someone's post, Are you hitting quote?  Reply?  Both?  

The quote feature doesn't seem to do anything as hitting reply replies with a quote.

The quote feature puts the person to whom you are replying in the buffer for the quick reply below. You can then click on the link in the quick reply box to make it show up. That also allows multi-quoting.
Interesting post on Reddit from someone who bought into 1 Columbia.  Angry

http://www.reddit.com/r/uwaterloo/commen...ver_again/
I drove by last night and it would appear that some of the units in the building are currently occupied.
Schembri has certainly shot themselves in the foot with this project. That being said, with the amount of housing stock they own, they'll barely notice.
I drove past it today and it looks nearly finished. I think it will be definitely available for occupancy by next term if not earlier.
I can confirm that the building got partial occupancy around wednesday of last week, about a hundred students moved in

(10-18-2014, 06:25 PM)kong tower Wrote: I can confirm that the building got partial occupancy around wednesday of last week, about a hundred students moved in

Imagine trying to get this management group to fix anything small after you have moved in? ... I can't see management company helping. 

Additionally construction workers will be in and out of building and occupied and non-occupied apartments for months to come ... IMO
(10-18-2014, 08:39 PM)MacBerry Wrote: Additionally construction workers will be in and out of building and occupied and non-occupied apartments for months to come ... IMO

What else is news? pretty much all buildings are like that for the first two or three months of occupancy (and sometimes much longer than that).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »