Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
Frankly I would have much preferred office space than Dollarama, but that's just me and yes, I do shop in Dollarama from time to time.

So as they say, careful what you wish for.

Yeah... that was not an upgrade.
I knew it. I would have preferred Dollarama open in Market square or the eaton lofts building but at least that space is remaining retail.
Lateral move.
Teaches me not to listen to rumours from Downtown merchants - I would have preferred Giant Tiger to Dollarama, but at least the space will be cleaned up.
Giant Tiger at least sells better food than most dollaramas, but it's been a while since I've been in a dollarama. Access to cheap food is a big deal to people living downtown.
Dollarama doesn't really sell food. Mostly chips and some really low quality canned goods.

Yeah, I occasionally made use of TBS' grocery section. It's unlikely Dollarama will be providing a similarly sized replacement. Though, it's been a while since I've visited a large-format Dollarama, so maybe their bigger ones are at least comparable to TBS?
Revel is in a little hot water http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5322...-building/.

They also have their "Royal" and "Wales" apartment buildings on the market.

I'm finding their recent behavior to be a little questionable...
(02-04-2015, 08:31 PM)Lens Wrote: Revel is in a little hot water http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5322...-building/.

I bet they didn't know about the heritage designation just as much as Uber doesn't know about the taxi regulations it flouts.

(02-04-2015, 08:31 PM)Lens Wrote: I'm finding their recent behavior to be a little questionable...

Was there a point when it wasn't?
Fair point.

Look for Giananquita to move down to TAYA's old spot sometime soon.
Why would they paint the brick, I hope it's not to late to have it cleaned off. IMO they should paint most of the cream painted areas black.
It's being cleaned off on their dime. I agree, brick like that is visually interesting enough to be left as it is, regardless of heritage concerns.

(12-08-2014, 10:51 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Not really a project but the Region is selling a number of properties along Benton St next month. I wonder if these properties will attract interest from developers.

December 7, 2014

[Image: xPTTAsl.png]

[Image: gvpTcfL.png]

For sale: Five lots on Queen, Benton in Kitchener
July 9, 2014 | Paige Desmond | Cambridge Times | LINK

I believe the bids for these houses were supposed to be submitted by mid-January.  Since then, the for sale signs have come down.  Does anyone know if these properties were sold and who they were sold to? Would the information be publicly available given that it involves the Region?
It looks like Coupal Markou has assembled a large section of land in King East, near Ottawa. This site has a lot of potential, especially being right next to an LRT stop.

http://www.coupalmarkou.com/features/Kit...51sale.pdf
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »