Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Dear WRConnected Users: Three whole years! We've grown so much over the past three years, and much of that is because of you, the amazing WRConnected Users. But like any other website, there are costs associated with running it. To this point it has been funded out of my own pocket. As some of you may already know, we accept donations. Some of you have made donations (thank you!). This helps cover all of the background costs associated with running this site. If every user were to donate $1 we would more than cover our yearly expenses. If WRConnected is useful to you, take a minute and help keep it online for another year. Any donation is helpful. Thank you.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(09-09-2017, 02:42 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Just seen a sales listing for a collection of properties along King st E (1015 to 1051).

http://www.coupalmarkou.com/assets/uploa...51sale.pdf

Just under $1M per acre, so not bad y downtown standards.  Then again, it's not quite downtown: this block is possibly the most decrepit of all along the LRT route, and a fair walk from downtown proper.  It'll be a very good property in the somewhat more distant future -- maybe 10 years or more -- but for now it'll be a bit of a challenge to build and sell any nicer properties here given the immediate neighbours.
The completely empty lots along Charles on the other side of Borden will certainly be easier to develop, yes. But this spot will see demand soon enough, I'm sure.
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
1027 they can't touch; far as I know it's designated.
(09-09-2017, 03:14 PM)KevinL Wrote: Their LRT diagram at the very bottom is out of date - shows the old separate-platforms configuration...

The sales flyer is not new.  I think I first saw it maybe a year ago
The Sanctuary refugee health centre has opened at the Kitchener Market (retail space bordering the square).
(09-06-2017, 03:05 PM)KevinL Wrote: I'm definitely curious to see what might get built at the St. Mark's site. What do you build adjacent to a high school and bordering a hospital?

Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac care unit above all of that.
(09-11-2017, 02:56 PM)nms Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 03:05 PM)KevinL Wrote: I'm definitely curious to see what might get built at the St. Mark's site. What do you build adjacent to a high school and bordering a hospital?

Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac care unit above all of that.

Shouldn't they put the cardiac care immediately next to the fast food outlets, to avoid having to take the elevator after lunch? Wink
Now remember, the congregation is looking to partner... not sell.... So one of the floors have to include worship space and there needs to be an area for community outreach. Although the ability to get Hotcakes & Sausage during a service makes me McHappy! Smile

Coke
Give us this day our daily Big Mac? (They'll have to drop the George Weston account.)
(09-11-2017, 02:56 PM)nms Wrote:

Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac lare unit above all of that.

How about an ORNGE helipad on the top floor?
(09-12-2017, 06:26 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 02:56 PM)nms Wrote: Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac lare unit above all of that.

How about an ORNGE helipad on the top floor?

Now we're talking....
(08-22-2017, 10:13 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I seem to recall that the chimney will be retained.

Yep! It's been painted white.

[Image: 1g2j.jpg]
It's certainly not going to win any beauty awards, but still better than what it was.
(3 hours ago)panamaniac Wrote: It's certainly not going to win any beauty awards, but still better than what it was.

The interior is quite a bit better -- assuming you like post-industrial chic. Smile

And I think the exterior should be good enough for 10 or so years, until the owner is ready to redevelop it.