Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
Where exactly is 'tent city'?

A homeless camp that has been behind the Schneiders site for well over a year or two: https://www.therecord.com/news-story/948...this-week/
Its Google Maps listing that ac3r menioned: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Borden%...80.4829417
There are two new houses well under construction at 239 and 241 Wellington St N.
It's possible I've missed info about it, but does anyone know what's happening at 104 Ontario St N (Duke/Ontario). The building is in the process of being demoed.
Demo permit was applied for by SALTER PILON ARCHITECTURE INC. so maybe something is being built??
(08-10-2019, 09:42 AM)Lens Wrote: Demo permit was applied for by SALTER PILON ARCHITECTURE INC. so maybe something is being built??

I want to say that a parking lot expansion seemed more likely, but then why would an architectural firm be applying for the permit.  The site belongs to the Church?  The school?  The city?

The site is privately owned tot he best of my knowledge - for the longest time it was a dentist's office, then had a few years as a community organization's office.
Well, it would certainly be interesting to see a new commercial building go up on the site, given how much Ontario St has improved in recent years.
(06-26-2019, 11:38 AM)jgsz Wrote: About a month ago, workers started to remove the asphalt from the surface parking lot behind the building that once housed the KW Record at Queen and Duke Street.  I had no idea there was a basement underneath the parking lot.   Was there a parking lot when the Record owned that property or was that added when they redid the building?  Did the original building cover all of the basement?  And the obvious question is, "what are they doing now"?

This pic is from the Duke Street side:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6277]

This has now been filled in, there's a pad of concrete running parallel to street directly in the middle. I'd assume it must be a tunnel of some sort? Is there an underground floor of the parking garage that the Duke/Queen building is now connected to through this tunnel?
(06-15-2019, 07:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote: The ground-floor renovation at 91 King St W (former BG Diamonds & Gold) is getting closer.

Almost there now. I like how this looks, and the contrast with the red brick is good.

Do I recall correctly that there's to be a wine bar/restaurant located there?
That's a cool blend of styles

(08-13-2019, 11:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Do I recall correctly that there's to be a wine bar/restaurant located there?

That's what I recall, from some post earlier in this thread.
That is coming along great.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »