Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
(01-30-2019, 04:18 AM)rangersfan Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 11:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote: No, at least not yet.
According to their website it is labeled as a proposal. 
http://www.thinkform.ca/185-kehl

Yes,  that is the proposal I was thinking of.  Thanks...  For all the guys providing ideas for the Queen/ Charles, keep this one in mind..

(01-30-2019, 04:18 AM)rangersfan Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 11:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote: No, at least not yet.
According to their website it is labeled as a proposal. 
http://www.thinkform.ca/185-kehl

Hmm interesting.  Thanks for posting that
Noticed the old cornerstore/house on the corner of Joseph and Water was undergoing some extensive renovations today, entire walls torn down. Maybe we'll finally see something opened up here?
Heard rumor that the Tim's opening at Frederick & Edna was because the location at Lancaster & Frederick is to be redeveloped.

Is there any merit to this?
(02-04-2019, 03:54 PM)Ace Wrote: Heard rumor that the Tim's opening at Frederick & Edna was because the location at Lancaster & Frederick is to be redeveloped.

Is there any merit to this?

The closure of the Lancaster/Frederick location was mentioned a couple of years ago here: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...3#pid26833

But I don't think it was substantiated.
Wait, is that one closed?
(02-04-2019, 08:25 PM)Spokes Wrote: Wait, is that one closed?

Not as far as I know. I was just there a couple weeks ago.

It's not closed, but it seems plausible that it would close with the other one under construction just down the street. That said, I could see a case for both of them remaining open.
With the new cop shop opening right across the street the closing of Lancaster and Frederick location would be idiotic lol
(02-05-2019, 11:26 PM)neonjoe Wrote: With the new cop shop opening right across the street the closing of  Lancaster and Frederick location would be idiotic lol

They tried that back home. Built one next to the cop shop but you don't see them there that often as I guess they dont want to look that lazy to the public . They just went to another one a few mins drive away.
(02-01-2019, 12:25 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Noticed the old cornerstore/house on the corner of Joseph and Water was undergoing some extensive renovations today, entire walls torn down. Maybe we'll finally see something opened up here?

Managed to get a pic the other day

[Image: zVXetKQ.jpg]
I had been trying to contact them in regards to renting this location for a live work space. But I could never find any contact information that I could get a response from (no phone numbers, just emails that kept getting returned). It wasn't till I had done my hundredth web search did I find a building permit application for medical offices
A building permit has been issued for a six-unit townhouse complex at 183 Victoria St N, across the street from the church-turned-into-restaurant-turned-into-church.

Feels a bit like all the grand visions of Victoria getting the treatment we expected of Hespeler, to eventually move away from cars-only, and eventually densify and become more welcoming, are still a long, long ways off, if townhomes is what we envision for this main street.
(02-12-2019, 05:50 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Feels a bit like all the grand visions of Victoria getting the treatment we expected of Hespeler, to eventually move away from cars-only, and eventually densify and become more welcoming, are still a long, long ways off, if townhomes is what we envision for this main street.

Regardless of what we envision (or what the city envisions) it's still the property owner's decision, within the constraints of the zoning bylaws -- which dictate maximum density but not minimum density.

But six townhomes replacing one single-family home hair salon is still intensification.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »