Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Townline Road
(08-01-2019, 05:18 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 11:10 AM)timio Wrote: Still holes in the pavement and no signs of adding the final layers of asphalt to the new lanes as of this morning. Maybe there will be a big push to finish, but I'm not holding my breath this will be done in the near future.

I don't think it was supposed to be done before the end of summer.

Then we start the whole process next spring with Hespeler to Townline.

By then, the process will then be King to Homer Watson followed by Townline to Highway 6 Guelph, then Highway 6 Hamilton, then Milton which will meet up with widening from Mississauga. That, plus other stuff, like a flyover from Highway 8 towards London.

As long as I have been alive, I've only recalled expansion of the 401. And I expect that to carry on long after I'm 6 feet under.

As per the official timeline of the contract, the project was supposed to have been completed on July 31 2019.  However, in usual fashion, those deadlines are rarely met and work usually carries over months.  For a project of this size, it's not surprising.  I just hope they can complete it by October-November.

As for Hespeler to Townline, that was supposed to have started this year, but I suppose the clown in Queens Park is withholding the project from starting.  It's hard to say if it will even begin next year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highway 401 Widening - by Canard - 10-28-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: Highway 401 Widening - by JCnb - 10-28-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Highway 401 Widening - by Markster - 10-28-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Townline Road - by p2ee - 08-05-2019, 01:03 AM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by Shawn - 09-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by Spokes - 09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by Waterlooer - 09-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by DHLawrence - 09-02-2014, 11:16 PM