Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Townline Road
You hear of people being pulled over with mannequins in the passenger seat, so it seems as such, but not sure how often they are patrolled.

When I was in California, they had signs indicating they did photo enforcement of HOV lanes.... not sure how that works, but....

Coke
I Google'd to learn the answer....

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/xerox-yeah...-cheaters/

Coke
We've already seen photo radar, not surprising that this exists
Two minor updates from this stretch:

1. I noticed earth moving equipment near the CP overpass today. It's been a while since I've been able to get a good look at the area, so I can't tell if much has changed. Still not very clear on what the metal cylinders are, but there are a number of them laying on the ground just west of the CP line (they've been there for months)
2. Looks like they are slowly working on the centre median and almost ready to repave the space between the barriers on the Hespeler end.
When on earth is this scheduled to be done? Or at least the 8/401 interface?
The rate things are going, they'll be replacing the highway 8 overpass by the time they are ready to finish the construction on the widening.

According to the Ontario southern highways improvement program (http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/highway...rams.shtml), 2019 with the Hespeler to Townline stretch being completed in 2021.
LOL, I love how it’s just a year.

Why do projects like this get to have such wild and massive unspecific timelines and nobody cares, and people lose their shit when ion slips a few months?
So the overpass has been returned to two lanes with no discernible difference. Does anyone know what they were doing?
They were removing cones at 515 this morning.
(10-16-2018, 07:08 AM)jamincan Wrote: So the overpass has been returned to two lanes with no discernible difference. Does anyone know what they were doing?

Yes it is...Thank goodness.  I think they were completing the concrete barriers...
(10-12-2018, 08:16 AM)Canard Wrote: LOL, I love how it’s just a year.

Why do projects like this get to have such wild and massive unspecific timelines and nobody cares, and people lose their shit when ion slips a few months?

I am guessing this is because you can use the 401 vs you can't use the Ion. If they had closed the 401 down, well, that would be a different story, and people would be losing their shit if the opening was anything more than 10 minutes late.

I do recall people losing their shit over the Margaret bridge people delayed; and that only inconvenienced people, plus not helpful to the Chinese restaurant. Same applies to the work being done in uptown Waterloo, which was delayed, lots of people losing their shit over the delays happening with the projects happening (not just the Ion).

With this 401 thing, they haven't reduced lanes on the highway itself, so for the majority of people, nothing really to be upset about.

Update from last week: it looks like there's been action around the CP bridge, with the dirt almost up to grade.

Most out the metal cylinders were gone by Thursday as well.
(10-12-2018, 08:16 AM)Canard Wrote: LOL, I love how it’s just a year.

Actually, this project is four months ahead of schedule.  When construction began, the completion date was set for November 2019 and within the last year it was moved up to July 2019.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »