Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Townline Road
I think I found it here, but I suspect these plans are out-of-date: http://rapidtransit.regionofwaterloo.ca/...bridge.pdf

Interestingly, it appears that the 401WB coming in to where Hwy 8 joins will have the left two lane end so that the two Hwy 8 lanes will continue without a merge. It's a strange choice over having the right-most lanes end instead, but I guess it allows three full lanes to continue through the merge coming from the 401. I generally don't like it when lanes end on the left though, as it often ends up with very rapid changes of speed and unsafe merges.

The reason it seems out-of-date: the plans only shown 6-lanes after Hwy 8 through Hespeler. Clearly there is widening going on in this section, so there will be some pretty major changes to the plans shown above, almost certainly addressing the issues with the merge from the left.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highway 401 Widening - by Canard - 10-28-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: Highway 401 Widening - by JCnb - 10-28-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Highway 401 Widening - by Markster - 10-28-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Hespeler Road - by jamincan - 12-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by Shawn - 09-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by Spokes - 09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by Waterlooer - 09-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Re: Highway 401 Widening - by DHLawrence - 09-02-2014, 11:16 PM