Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Townline Road
The sign went up aboht 30 minutes ago - Franklin St. Bridge will be closing May 26. Sad

No opening date was listed.

EDIT: This morning I saw that the Franklin St. Exit, 284, will close May 21.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
Perhaps this thread title should be updated to read highway 8 through Townline.
Hey, did folks see this announcement via CBC? Seems like a good thing for our region.

"Cambridge MPP Kathryn McGarry announced the province's new cycling strategy and plans for the Franklin Boulevard bridge over Highway 401 on Monday morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-...-1.4652030
"
I’ll get super excited once I see the drawings and plans! I could potentially use this on my bike commute from Kitchener to Cambridge, instead of going way east or way west.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
Both wb bridges have had their concrete poured over the river. The CP bridge has rebar in place.

The new offramp lanes for 8 are paved and lines painted.

We may see some rearrangement soon.

As for the flyover, there's still a large pit where the left lane used to be. It's been the same for a few weeks now.
My hope is that when the WB lanes shift to the new ones, we finally (finally!!) get two continuous lanes exiting for 8.

A dream.
A quick update - the ramp from 401W to 8 has shifted over to the new section for a few days now.