Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
165 King St W | 3 fl | Completed
(04-17-2019, 05:53 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 05:44 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Slow hardly begins to describe it ...

Maybe they're prioritizing interior finish on the upper floors? That's fully leased to Faire, which I understand to be extremely eager for more office space given their incredible growth. Whereas other than Aok there hasn't been any news on leases for the retail units. It definitely hasn't been a fast project though, probably due to an inexperienced developer.

Inexperienced developer -- but what I think really slowed down is the selection of a small contractor. The work crew has always been very small, only a handful of people.

Trying to save money?
Drywall was going up on the first floor on Friday, maybe 2/3 of the way back. Separating the kitchen from the seating area maybe?
(04-29-2019, 09:28 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Drywall was going up on the first floor on Friday, maybe 2/3 of the way back. Separating the kitchen from the seating area maybe?

First floor or ground floor?  Is there just one entrance out front?  I've been assuming that there would be at least two businesses at ground level.
(04-29-2019, 11:04 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 09:28 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Drywall was going up on the first floor on Friday, maybe 2/3 of the way back. Separating the kitchen from the seating area maybe?

First floor or ground floor?  Is there just one entrance out front?  I've been assuming that there would be at least two businesses at ground level.

Doesn't first floor = ground floor in North America?

Faire has leased the entirely of the second/third floor, and a "big chunk" of the first floor. So I expect we'll only see one retail/restaurant space on the ground level, with the other half being Faire. Aok has leased the basement, though I'm not sure if it will be the entire space.
(04-29-2019, 11:04 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

In North America they are usually the same thing. Smile It looks like one entrance, but construction is still ongoing.
I had forgotten that part of the ground floor would be given over to office space. In this case, it seems OK as two restaurants at that location would have been one too many, imho. Although a Food Hall might have been nice ....

LLBO application now posted for the Ten Spot.

A licenced mani/pedi, etc place?
(06-01-2019, 05:10 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A licenced mani/pedi, etc place?

A main+pedi place would be a 20-spot, would it not? Wink

But, seriously, you could be right. I thought a restaurant but indeed the one in Guelph is licensed!
https://www.thetenspot.com/
I can see a high-end spa serving that sort of refreshment, absolutely. It would make it a relatively unique amenity.
If I told my wife she could get champagne while getting her nails done....done deal.
Appears to be a mural going up on the Hall's Lane side of this building:    

Sweet!!!
A good way to keep off the graffiti, too!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »