Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(02-01-2022, 11:21 PM)taylortbb Wrote: For questions of rail ownership, https://rac.jmaponline.net/canadianrailatlas/ is a resource that should be more widely known. Shows the full Canadian rail network, and its ownership.

Any idea where they get the data from? I normally use OpenRailwayMap when exploring rail infrastructure since they include many other countries. I don't know where they pull data either. They show CN owning the tracks until it hits Northfield Station where they then merge onto the Ion tracks which are RoW owned, then it shows they return to CN ownership around Waterloo Public Square (see: https://i.imgur.com/rosAuZu.png). To me, that makes more sense since I don't know why RoW would have taken ownership over the spur where the Ion doesn't run (i.e. around Northfield and the spur between uptown and downtown).

Anyway, glad CP pulled out their grievances. Both the Vierra Village and The Metz projects are really ugly, but at least it's new housing development, so that's welcomed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 02-02-2022, 10:39 AM