Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(02-01-2022, 10:29 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 11:21 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: CN has no street-running trains in the City of Waterloo. I’m not sure what location you’re thinking of.

But your main point is absolutely correct, that trains seem to be able to run near other things when they want them to.

Yeah I worded that incorrectly, my bad. GEXR/Genesee & Wyoming operate the trains up to the chemical plant in Elmira, but then they come down along both the Ion tracks and CN Waterloo Spur. CN owns the tracks as the GEXR lease ended a few years ago though GEXR still operates the trains.

I believe the Region owns the Waterloo Spur. CN owns the main line down in Kitchener. I don’t know the exact boundary, but as far as I know it is right near where the Spur branches off the main line. I do know that agreements on where one company’s track ends and another begins typically say something like “up to the north end of the first fishplate south of the junction at Mile 11.2” so they are very precise about where exactly responsibility is allocated.

I don’t think that is true about GEXR still operating the trains. When CN took over, all the power on the line switched over to different locomotives. My kids haven’t see the “LPX brothers” for quite some time. However, I welcome correction.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - by ijmorlan - 02-01-2022, 08:42 PM