Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(12-21-2021, 09:29 AM)cherrypark Wrote: I think its worth wondering what hours of the day they are running trains through here and if the yards are used for shunting at night. If the GO train yard at Park St. is an indication they could be appealing to these unrealistic scenarios as more "high impact / risk" options to just block having noise complaints and threat to some continuing operations there?

I don’t think there is a threat to continuing operations. Railways are federally regulated; I suspect they could tell any noise complainants to pound sand and never get in any legal trouble. Anyway, railways just aren’t noisy the way airports are and it’s really obvious when one moves in right next to a rail line, in a way that it may not be immediately obvious where the airplane noise is worst. Overall, I just don’t see trouble with noise complaints being a reasonable worry for the railways. If it is, the fix is not to prevent projects but just to do something to make it clear both legally and factually to purchasers that they can’t buy and then complain later.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - by ijmorlan - 12-21-2021, 02:05 PM