Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(12-16-2020, 07:40 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: 2) People have very little idea how much they spend on their cars. Most of it is a sunk cost on insurance, depreciation, and maintenance. So I doubt many people have ever done the "how much is this trip costing me" calculation.

For many people it's true, but not all. My car has cost me about $4500/year in depreciation (yes, it's a nice car), $1000/year in insurance and maybe $600/year in maintenance and tires (haven't had to pay for a repair yet in the nine years I have had it). That's a little over $6000/year, or $500/month. For me, that has been an acceptable standby cost (not counting the gas for trips here). Others will have different math.

(12-16-2020, 07:40 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: For me, having the car share partially mitigates the problems, but obviously this only applies in a couple of areas of the city, and wouldn't on Courtland.

Communauto has 15 locations in Kitchener. Adding one at Virerra doesn't seem like a stretch, especially considering that there will be 1,500 units there, in addition to the existing buildings. But I doubt any discussions have been had about this so far.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | 38, 34, 30 & 29fl | Proposed - by tomh009 - 12-16-2020, 08:26 PM