Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(09-02-2017, 10:18 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 09:42 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I am curious as to what statistical, and or quantifiable data you are able to make this determination.  Development companies  do not typically adhoc spend millions of dollars oh a major project based on a whim or hope.

I believe that's exactly ijmorlan's point.  The development company believes it can successfully develop the property.  mcparkhill's claims to the contrary aren't supported by anything more than his own opinion, but even if he was right, it's the development company who's taking the risk, so why does it matter.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was trying to say. I think that when people have only weak objections to something, they tend to try to come up with all sorts of other objections to try to strengthen the case, and some of those end up being completely off point or irrelevant. In this case, traffic, privacy, or view are considerations that could give rise to legitimate complaints; but with this specific development they are actually quite weak, and I think on some level the existing residents understand that these are actually weak objections. So they add in other totally irrelevant stuff like whether the complainant would want to live there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | ?m | 35fl, 33fl, 29fl, 29fl | Proposed - by ijmorlan - 09-02-2017, 11:11 AM