Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(09-01-2017, 11:44 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 09:34 PM)mcparkhill Wrote: There are no buildings 35 story towers anywhere in Kitchener, nor does it make sense to make this location the first. There is not enough space and it is right in the middle of two train tracks. Someones's lost their mind with this design and proposal.

There is a time and place for these types of buildings to go in.  That is, buildings that are 25, 30, 35 story or more. It's a good spot because it's on the LRT.  I think every city at some point has made the decision to allow taller condo's, apartments, etc.  We can't stay at "19-floor maximum" forever, as it seems to be the case.

As for location, I think it's fine. Close to the Expressway, and relatively close enough to Homer Watson to be close to the 401.

Kitchener isn't a baby town anymore. Time is now, especially with the LRT, to start building up rather than out.

I think you're going to see more of this at other LRT stops to, in particular, the King/Ottawa Street stop, and the other one that is close to Cameron Heights, although arguably, both are close enough to DTKitchener to be considered DT.

Let it happen, and it will be the new norm.

And I really do hope they max it out at the 38 stories they were talking about.

It really is an ideal location. The nearest neighbours are across Courtland; it’s at an LRT stop; and it’s right on a major road that leads to an expressway interchange just a few blocks away (which also provides a route to the 401). So the only traffic impact worth discussing will be a slight increase on major roads that are intended for heavy traffic anyway. The idea that there is not enough space between the tracks is just silly and in any case is the business of the people who might consider moving there, not of the neighbours. That something like that has been mentioned makes me question how serious the other objections really are.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | ?m | 35fl, 33fl, 29fl, 29fl | Proposed - by ijmorlan - 09-02-2017, 09:06 AM