Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(05-30-2017, 11:10 AM)Markster Wrote: My current concern with the podium design is that those gaps will be very wind-swept.  The prevailing winds will be coming in from the west, and forced up past the parking garage and between the towers.  

Paradoxically, windsweptness aside, I almost think that these spaces are awkwardly too small.  They're too big to be intimate alleys, but not big enough to be public squares.  I think I'd prefer that they take each pair of towers and push them closer together, and leave a larger single contiguous space.

I just noticed the tunnels that go through each of the buildings too.  I'm not sure the purpose of having a weather-exposed internal corridor when they have all those spaces between the buildings too.

Would it be giving the developer too much credit to think that the width of the gaps between the builidings may reflect a consideration of the "wind tunnel effect"?  It's hard to tell, but the renders seem to show a wall of some sort at the back of the open spaces.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virerra Village | ?m | 35fl, 33fl, 29fl, 29fl | Proposed - by panamaniac - 05-30-2017, 01:06 PM