Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
The Inclusive on Courtland
-
125m | 113m | 101m | 98m | 38fl, 34fl, 30fl, 29 fl

Developer:Spotlight Development
Project: 4 residential towers ranging from 29 to 35 storeys, with commercial and retail uses, adjacent to the Block Line ION stop.

Glad of the development, but somebody please tell me it won't be another set of four identical towers! With the Fallowfield stuff in the background, it would be rather overwhelming, imo.
The first floor is level with the platform! I like! And retail uses too!
A coffee shop in that building will do quite well.

I don't even care if it's 4 identical, architecturally uninteresting towers, if the street interaction for all of them is as promising as that render.
Is this that project that Tom Galloway was hinting that he knew something about a while back> Also, won't this require either a HELL of a lot of ground infill, or a 6-ish story foundation, in order to deal with the large slope down to the CN tracks?
Perhaps they'll put the parking below the grade at Courtland instead of using fill?
(05-29-2017, 12:56 PM)jamincan Wrote: Perhaps they'll put the parking below the grade at Courtland instead of using fill?

Now that would be a good plan!  And there is no parking podium in the render, so it may in fact be what they intending.
That would make perfect sense in that landscape.

I'm excited for this, Block Line will be one of the stations I frequent and having retail presence so close wil be huge.

Sounds exciting.
Unfortunately for me my BlackBerry now blocks The Record, the site referenced above and doesn't load Imgur images anymore, I will have to use my imagination.
More renders on their investment page: http://coreadvisory.ca/Opportunities/Pas...ra-village

I see at least 3 levels of parking below the Courtland grade. And while they all have similar style, there are at least 2 different tower designs.
Front:

Back:

Others:

One more:

Is the large amount of space between each tower a valid complaint or am I just being picky? Also: that's a REALLY ambitious amount of retail. Looks like EACH tower is supposed to have 6 or 7 stores? We'll see about that...
Those renders are of two separate sets of buildings. If you look at the far left and right towers, in the "streetside" view, there is a horizontal "comb over" on the inside and outside of the buildings (ie. towards the other buildings and towards the extents of the lot). In the one view, the "inside comb over" and "outside comb over" are of different heights, but in the other view you can see enough of the "comb over" to see that it is the same height "inside" and "outside", and see sufficient wrap around to the front side to tell that it is not a case where only one corner is at a certain height.

It looks like only 1 or 2 levels of retail/commercial to me. There are balconies on the 3rd level.

(05-29-2017, 03:56 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Those renders are of two separate sets of buildings. If you look at the far left and right towers, in the "streetside" view, there is a horizontal "comb over" on the inside and outside of the buildings (ie. towards the other buildings and towards the extents of the lot). In the one view, the "inside comb over" and "outside comb over" are of different heights, but in the other view you can see enough of the "comb over" to see that it is the same height "inside" and "outside", and see sufficient wrap around to the front side to tell that it is not a case where only one corner is at a certain height.

Um... they're the same buildings. The image names are "east" and "west" elevations.
The exterior corners do indeed have different heights, but the angle doesn't show the north and south ends (the "sides") well enough to show where the one height ends and the other begins. It's a pretty straight-on or obstructed view of the sides.
Not too shabby at all...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »