Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(05-03-2023, 08:52 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: I was looking at some plans for a building in Toronto and it makes it seem as if the unit count that Spotlight wants is way larger then what will happen especially if they keep the 4 tower proposal. With 4 towers it means 625-750 units per building based on that 2500-3000 estimate, TEK tower only has 532 units and it's 45 floors so the only way this would feasible to hit 625 to 750 units a building is if these are 50+ floors each or giant monolithic slabs. I don't know about all the bonusing rules when it comes to affordable housing but part of me really doubts something that high would go on this site, so I feel as if a decrease in unit count might be coming from what was first reported. 

Maybe these were some of the buildings that the city planner was alluding to for being 40+ floors in height?

At least in its original iteration, the footprint of the towers was MASSIVE. They could have fit 1300 easily. I can see them easily fitting at least 2000, so long as the units weren't too large so that each floor is able to maximize the number of them. However I am sure the buildings are going to be redesigned. It would be very unusual for a new developer to buy a property and then take the architectural plans of the previous developer/architecture firm and reuse them.

I noticed a new sign on the property. I forget what it said but it appeared to be a developer or related company. I wonder if this is starting to make some progress.
(06-25-2023, 07:37 AM)ac3r Wrote: I noticed a new sign on the property. I forget what it said but it appeared to be a developer or related company. I wonder if this is starting to make some progress.

Its been there pretty much since Spotlight got the property. All the sign says is Marshall Zehr which is a financial company that does mortgages and that kind of stuff.
Ah yeah, that's what it said. Essentially just an advert then.
Looks like the fat crook is gonna try to take credit for this development. Bottom of the article shows new renders.... its kinda overwhelming.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.6960609
(09-08-2023, 07:40 PM)Archetype Wrote: Looks like the fat crook is gonna try to take credit for this development. Bottom of the article shows new renders.... its kinda overwhelming.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.6960609

If that's what's built it will be one of the ugliest sets of buildings in KW, it's a lot like a lot of the stuff by the universities.
Oh. My. Good. God.

The blue pops! I definitely don't see blue as an accent colour too often anymore.
(09-08-2023, 09:19 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: If that's what's built it will be one of the ugliest sets of buildings in KW, it's a lot like a lot of the stuff by the universities.

Yeah, it definitely has the Waterloo student vibe to it. If it really is affordable, though, maybe that makes up for the design.
Has Sherry Larjani gone blind? What the hell kind of design is that haha it looks like some sort of commieblock in Dongguan or literally any other Chinese city. I don't care about the affordable units, I hope this is not approved for any reason they can possibly find if it's gonna look like that.

At least their other "The Inclusive" project in Toronto on Lawrence Ave looks a bit better than this disaster: https://spotlightdevelopment.com/project...e-project/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »