Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Boardwalk at Ira Needles
Cobs Bread bakery is now open in one of the new office buildings. Also a Little Caesars Pizza has opened in the old Nutrition House unit.

Does anyone know what the plan is for the northern most roundabout at the boardwalk. It is barricaded going north, are there plans for a road to meet at Erb?
(07-27-2017, 06:51 AM)HangingBerries Wrote: Does anyone know what the plan is for the northern most roundabout at the boardwalk. It is barricaded going north, are there plans for a road to meet at Erb?

The adjacent West Hill golf course used to be owned by the public school board (WRDSB) but I believe is now owned by Home Hardware with plans to put a large Home Building Centre store and lumber yard there. Based on this and the adjacent Boston Pizza/Winners/Petsmart plaza, I do not believe there are plans to extend this private internal road to Erb.
Given that there are what appear to be stormwater management ponds immediately west of the Boston Pizza Plaza, I can't foresee anything connecting to Erb Street at that location.
I went to check out Cobs bread today I highly recommend it. Prices are reasonable there stuff is delicious (at least the stuff I got) and they have a great variety. The stuff is made from scratch everyday unlike grocery stores where they make most if not all there items from frozen premade products. The Grocery store stuff is still good but you can taste the freshness in Cobs products.
There is a Fiddleheads opening in the same building Cobs bread is in and a Booster Juice is opening in the other new office/Retail building.
Apparently construction of the second medical building has started recently.

There's also a billboard advertising the space in the corner by the Brick and Wal-Mart.
(05-04-2018, 04:49 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Apparently construction of the second medical building has started recently.

Here is an article about the Boardwalk's Medical Centre 2.
Structural steel is going up for the building directly west of Montanas.
(10-04-2018, 08:44 PM)timio Wrote: Structural steel is going up for the building directly west of Montanas.

Looks like this is going to be another Homesense store.
Isn't Homesense in the same brand as Winners and Marshall's?
It is.

Seems odd to have Homesense going in just steps from Marshall's, if this is true.
Home sense has different merchandise with some crossover. It's mostly home furnishings and related items.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »