Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ODC redevelopment (119 Roger St) | 6 fl | U/C
From your post I took your final sentence as an odd outlier, as no development ever forces you or any other owner to move. At most, a development can affect the enjoyment of a property that an owner has, but that is subjective, and I am very cautious about giving blanket control over large swaths of area for subjective things to any one person. I also distrust anyone who has spoken about owners vs non-owners. I've lived here for over a dozen years now, investing in the region with my work, my play, my volunteering. I don't think that purchasing a property should give you more of a say that someone who hasn't. Whether you are trying to make that argument or not, it harkens in my head back to the point another poster made about a reaction to the Schneider's development, that their concern was whether their home's value would go up or down. I don't believe that we should have insured my family against the losses their retirements took due to the fall of Nortel, nor do I think we should shield the value of an investment someone has made in a home to any great extent. I am open to hearing concerns, but I have yet to hear ones that befit the actual proposal, location, and context of this development.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by timc - 04-06-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by nms - 04-20-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 10-04-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 10-05-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by Viewfromthe42 - 10-05-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by nms - 10-16-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 06-25-2018, 09:47 AM
RE: Ontario Die Company (119 Roger St.) - by urbd - 06-25-2018, 01:54 PM