Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
Received this email from property management today. The parking garage situation in this building seems weird, complicated and unreliable. I'm not sure why they decided to go with a seemingly needlessly complex license plate reading camera instead of simple RFID tags, and it often takes FOREVER for the camera to read your license plate, and you have to awkwardly shuffle your vehicle back and forth until it registers. I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if the damage caused to the garage doors are caused by people tailgating other vehicles to get around the awful license plate camera (I don't think that they'd be completely blameless in that case, but I can understand why). I hope that the license plate reading system won't get worse once it starts snowing.

It feels like they want to sell the extra parking spots in the garage to the public in the day when there are less owners parked in the garage which I don't mind, but I do mind that it comes at the cost of having significantly more friction to get into the parking garage by owners, and the building not having any visitor parking.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - by hellocharliewest - 10-28-2021, 02:05 PM