Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(02-16-2021, 05:28 PM)misha_est Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:42 PM)taylortbb Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/zehrgroup/ has some walk-throughs of almost-completed podium units in their story today. They look pretty close to done, still needing appliances, light fixtures, and telecom cable terminations internally, plus railings on the balcony.

But the ground floor is nowhere close to done, and the construction elevator is still in place. Ground floor + upper floors still don't have exterior walls installed, and the podium cladding still isn't done. The 31st floor still has some precast wall panels to install.

I'd assume it's at least a few months until occupancy. I've got June 1 as my tentative occupancy date, but being near the top I'm sure that'll be delayed (they've done nothing but pour the concrete for my unit).

Given how unfinished the ground floor is I expect the commercial space will be the last thing to be finished. Until they have a buyer I doubt it's a priority.

I have the same tentative occupancy date (20th floor) - any idea when we should expect to be notified of delays? Seems pretty important with less than 4 months left

I have a June 1st closing date as well. I believe they have 90 days from occupancy date to give us a notice if there are any delays. If we don't receive a notice next week, I guess it's safe to assume that June 1st is a go. If less than 90 days notice is given for any delays, I believe we get $150 per day it is delayed!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - by Serendipity - 02-26-2021, 05:39 PM