Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(02-10-2021, 11:18 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:41 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: How is this pedestrianization going to look?  Would we not still require two lanes of traffic still to get to/from parking garage?

Coke

The Charlie West parking garage?

No — I believe the entrances are on Hall’s Lane, which connects to Water St. and Ontario St. Anyway Hall’s lane is one-way, so all entering traffic will already have to use Water St., so even if exiting traffic were to be allowed to use Gaukel St., a single one-way lane from Hall’s Lane out to either King or Charles would be amply sufficient.

I will say this illustrates why we should have more long-term planning: as it is, the slightly more inconvenient access might give rise to complaints; if we had a long-term plan to close Gaukel St., the design of the tower could have explicitly taken into account the change.

But all that said, the answer to this is to make sure Gaukel is permanently closed to vehicular traffic, and rebuilt in that configuration, before the first people move in to Charlie West.

Yes, thank you for the clarification.  I thought they entered onto Gaukel.

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - by Coke6pk - 02-11-2021, 10:10 AM