Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(01-11-2021, 07:24 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 08:55 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is an 8F unit listed for sale, for June occupancy. Asking $500K for a little of 700 sqft.

Anyone know what the original pre construction price was?

It really depends on the exact unit, as some of the 8th floor units have terraces. Looking at my price list, unit 810A was a 1 bedroom unit with 726 sq ft interior + 871 sq ft terrace, and it was listed at $379k. Plus $40k for parking and $5k for storage locker, if the purchaser went for either of those.

By the time I got my price list all the non-terrace units were sold on the 8th floor. Unit 1110A (so the same 726 sq ft interior, but with a 66 sq ft balcony) was listed for $304k.

So for a little over 700 sq ft, you're looking at a $300k price point, unless it was a terrace unit, then $379k. Given the list price I'm guessing it was the terrace unit. Add a parking spot and you're at $420k initial purchase price, which makes $500k not totally crazy appreciation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | U/C - by taylortbb - 01-11-2021, 12:27 PM