Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
(05-08-2019, 09:50 AM)EdM Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 09:30 PM)JK2021 Wrote: Hey, what’s happening with this building? What stage is the project in?

They're starting to pour parts of the ground-level slab.

Ok great! Thank you

Thanks for the update!
Rebar going in for the first floor above ground.

I have a feeling now that it's coming above grade it's going to go FAST
(06-02-2019, 11:04 AM)Spokes Wrote: I have a feeling now that it's coming above grade it's going to go FAST
If I remember correct there's still 7 or 9 levels of parking, then the typical tower floor.  Typical floor is the point where it should really start flying.

I drove past on the weekend and there are forms up for the 2nd floor slab.
As of this morning

Good use of the bus for scale!

they have forms for the second floor walls in place. the floor slab was close to the end. will add a picture later.
A photo from the other side, this evening

They are onto the second floor. The floor for the third is not far off.
Does anyone have a recent photo?
This was taken yesterday, around 9:30am.

(07-25-2019, 09:49 AM)robdrimmie Wrote: This was taken yesterday, around 9:30am.
Great! Thanks

I think it is going to tie in very nicely to the Manulife Building....

If only Manulife would go ahead with adding a tower to the building.  The foundation was originally built to accommodate a tower.
(07-25-2019, 10:29 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I think it is going to tie in very nicely to the Manulife Building....

If only Manulife would go ahead with adding a tower to the building.  The foundation was originally built to accommodate a tower.

Not just the foundation - the building at Water and Charles is the podium of the never-built tower.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »