Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
I think I recall seeing something a while back that Kava Bean would close in February.

Is the gas station/repair shop closed too?
(01-24-2018, 10:02 AM)Spokes Wrote: Is the gas station/repair shop closed too?

As I understand it they have their new location already, and the move is in progress. In any case there's still activity there.
Soil remediation may also mean looking at whatever plume had drifted over from the bus terminal site.
Interesting that both Charlie West and 100 Victoria websites are unavailable
(02-05-2018, 01:09 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Interesting that both Charlie West and 100 Victoria websites are unavailable

I found the information here :  http://momentumdev.wpengine.com/projects...dominiums/
(02-05-2018, 01:09 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Interesting that both Charlie West and 100 Victoria websites are unavailable

Both sites are operational for me. That said, the link for 100 Victoria is improperly written. Should be http://onehundred.ca -- the embedded link reads as http://http://onehundred.ca and that sends you to http//onehundred.ca -- No ":". Someone should fix it, not me though, I'm not admin..

Charlie West is http://charliewest.ca (or simply charliewest.ca )

Where is that broken link? I can fix it but I don't know where to look.
Over in the One Hundred thread. Got it.
Kava bean is now closed (new location is TBA, but they are planning to take a break for a few months first).
Posted by the Downtown Auto people....
OPEN HOUSE....TODAY ONLY (Sunday Feb 25)
10AM TO 3PM
LAST CHANCE TO SEE A PIECE OF HISTORY BEFORE OUR BUILDING IS DEMOLISHED
DOWNTOWN AUTO CENTRE 24 GAUKEL ST., KITCHENER IS BECOMING "CHARLIE WEST"
**Stop in today to view the space.....perfect for a rainy day"
I ended up buying a unit at Charlie West so I've got the disclosure docs and can answer some of the parking discussion from a couple pages ago.

Yes, they're doing a single parking unit owned by Momentum like they did at 1 Victoria. Parking ratio is quite low, there's 203 spots total (including resident, visitor, and commercial unit) but 300 residential units. 2 parking levels underground, 5 parking levels in the podium. Visitor parking will be paid, and they reserve the right to lease parking spots for daytime office use even in the secured (resident) area of the parking garage.

Project is definitely past the 80% sold required for construction, but there's still some units left. The 02 layout (2 bedroom, 1078 sq ft) hasn't sold well so they're still available on almost every floor, and are getting upgraded to make them more appealing.
Did they tell you when you could take possession of your unit?

(02-25-2018, 04:50 PM)taylortbb Wrote: I ended up buying a unit at Charlie West so I've got the disclosure docs and can answer some of the parking discussion from a couple pages ago.

Yes, they're doing a single parking unit owned by Momentum like they did at 1 Victoria. Parking ratio is quite low, there's 203 spots total (including resident, visitor, and commercial unit) but 300 residential units. 2 parking levels underground, 5 parking levels in the podium. Visitor parking will be paid, and they reserve the right to lease parking spots for daytime office use even in the secured (resident) area of the parking garage.

Project is definitely past the 80% sold required for construction, but there's still some units left. The 02 layout (2 bedroom, 1078 sq ft) hasn't sold well so they're still available on almost every floor, and are getting upgraded to make them more appealing.

Too big for young techies, too small for downsizing boomer couples?
(02-25-2018, 06:12 PM)jgsz Wrote: Did they tell you when you could take possession of your unit?

Official (tentative) date is Sept 30 2020, but obviously I'm expecting some delays. I'm on an upper floor so I'll probably get the worst of it, not expecting anything before spring 2021. I'd be curious to know what the delay was for 1 Victoria.

Anticipated construction start date is listed as Sept 30, 2018. Seems like a long wait given the businesses are already moving out, and they have zoning/site plan approval from the city.

(02-25-2018, 06:33 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 04:50 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Project is definitely past the 80% sold required for construction, but there's still some units left. The 02 layout (2 bedroom, 1078 sq ft) hasn't sold well so they're still available on almost every floor, and are getting upgraded to make them more appealing.

Too big for young techies, too small for downsizing boomer couples?

The other 2 bedroom non-penthouse units are totally sold out, so I'm not sure that's the cause. They are slightly smaller, but not that much cheaper. I believe one of the biggest problems was the kitchen, which is tiny for such a large unit. The revised floor plan adds an island, which makes it much more reasonable. The two bedrooms are also right beside each other, which is generally unpopular.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »