Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
And another floor of parking perhaps (unless one of the added floors the added parking/storage locker space)

50 additional units would result in about 90 new residents - and trust me, on sewage and electrical requirements, that isn't much. Most streets have sewage systems designed to handle thousands in additional population.
(12-05-2017, 02:18 PM)innsertnamehere Wrote: 50 additional units would result in about 90 new residents - and trust me, on sewage and electrical requirements, that isn't much. Most streets have sewage systems designed to handle thousands in additional population.

They would have had spare capacity when they were designed. The question is how much has already been added, and whether there is capacity for 9, 90, 900 or 9000 more people. The city will know that, we don't.
(12-05-2017, 04:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:18 PM)innsertnamehere Wrote: 50 additional units would result in about 90 new residents - and trust me, on sewage and electrical requirements, that isn't much. Most streets have sewage systems designed to handle thousands in additional population.

They would have had spare capacity when they were designed. The question is how much has already been added, and whether there is capacity for 9, 90, 900 or 9000 more people. The city will know that, we don't.

Given this is along the LRT line, which has just been rebuilt, I'm assuming that it's way over capacity right now.
(11-13-2017, 05:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 03:50 PM)skyrise32 Wrote: Not sold out since they are launching remainder of suites on dec 7th. Plus they added 5 new floors.
http://charliewest.ca/event

So, a new tallest for the Region?

Aren't the proposed buildings for Virerra Village going to be taller - 33 and 35 floors being two of the four proposed structures there? Assuming they even get built.
(12-06-2017, 10:20 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 05:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So, a new tallest for the Region?

Aren't the proposed buildings for Virerra Village going to be taller -33 and 35 floors being two of the four proposed structures there? Assuming they even get built.

True, with the assumption.
(12-06-2017, 10:20 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 05:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So, a new tallest for the Region?

Aren't the proposed buildings for Virerra Village going to be taller - 33 and 35 floors being two of the four proposed structures there? Assuming they even get built.

Of course, though, depends on height of each floor and any combover effect that Charlie West will have. 31 can be great than 35...all you need is 1'3" additional per floor at Charlie.

I think Sunlife is still the tallest building in the region, and IIRC, only 18 floors and is 256'. Second tallest is Barrel Yards, 25 floors and 249'.

Did anyone attend sales event on December 7th? Any indication of how the new units were received?
(12-11-2017, 01:09 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Did anyone attend sales event on December 7th? Any indication of how the new units were received?

I was wondering the same thing
(12-11-2017, 01:35 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 01:09 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Did anyone attend sales event on December 7th? Any indication of how the new units were received?

I was wondering the same thing

I heard from friends that the line was huge to get in!
A small crane was on the property today, looked like they MAY have been removing the large propane tank on the site? Demolition imminent?
(01-23-2018, 11:45 AM)GtwoK Wrote: A small crane was on the property today, looked like they MAY have been removing the large propane tank on the site? Demolition imminent?

Have the businesses been vacated yet ?  I think Kava Beans is still going..
They may be working on the fuel infrastructure first - perhaps the canopy and old gasoline tanks are next?

(01-23-2018, 12:53 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 11:45 AM)GtwoK Wrote: A small crane was on the property today, looked like they MAY have been removing the large propane tank on the site? Demolition imminent?

Have the businesses been vacated yet ?  I think Kava Beans is still going..

Kava Beans definitely had people inside it this morning.
Kava Bean is still going. Propane tank was gone as of about noon. Something's happening, at least, even if slowly. I imagine some soil remediation is going to be needed for this property given the auto shop and gas bar?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »