Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
I noticed Gaukel St outside of Charlie West has been dug up again (despite never opening after, I believe, being surfaced). Anyone living here have details? Seems poorly planned, whatever it is.

(11-15-2022, 09:53 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: I noticed Gaukel St outside of Charlie West has been dug up again (despite never opening after, I believe, being surfaced). Anyone living here have details? Seems poorly planned, whatever it is.

The only notice I can recall receiving is one from Kitchener Utilities that gas work was being done.
(11-15-2022, 09:53 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: I noticed Gaukel St outside of Charlie West has been dug up again (despite never opening after, I believe, being surfaced). Anyone living here have details? Seems poorly planned, whatever it is.

This is the email we received from property management (dated Nov 4th):

Good Afternoon Charlie West Residents

Pending further details, we have received a preliminary update on Gaukel Street restoration:

Gaukel Street restoration work will commence on or about November 9th (next week).

Equipment will be mobilized to remove existing asphalt, some sidewalk removals, and preparation of subgrade. And concrete will be poured once the aforementioned prep work is complete. It is anticipated that this work will take approximately 3-4 weeks in duration and will commence on or about November 9, 2022. As more information becomes available we will provide further updates

During this time, we ask residents to enter/exit the parking garage using Water Street to get to Halls Lane as Gaukel Street may be impacted while workers are present.
(07-16-2022, 10:04 AM)CP42 Wrote: Completed fitness room at Charlie West:

A rather delayed question ... the fitness room looks nice, but I count two treadmills, one elliptical and two bikes. Is that really enough for a building with 300+ units?
(11-23-2022, 10:33 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-16-2022, 10:04 AM)CP42 Wrote: Completed fitness room at Charlie West:

A rather delayed question ... the fitness room looks nice, but I count two treadmills, one elliptical and two bikes. Is that really enough for a building with 300+ units?

Probably not!
The fitness room at garment street is similar size and serves all three towers and has no windows… nothing to write home about.
(11-23-2022, 11:51 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 10:33 PM)tomh009 Wrote: A rather delayed question ... the fitness room looks nice, but I count two treadmills, one elliptical and two bikes. Is that really enough for a building with 300+ units?

Probably not!
The fitness room at garment street is similar size and serves all three towers and has no windows… nothing to write home about.

False. 100 and 104 have their own fitness room.
(11-24-2022, 09:30 AM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 11:51 PM)CP42 Wrote: Probably not!

Ahh maybe they all look similar then. My bad

(11-24-2022, 09:30 AM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 11:51 PM)CP42 Wrote: Probably not!

Ahh maybe they all look similar then. My bad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »