Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
345 King St W | 6 fl | Complete
I took this photo today.  To the bottom left you can just see the parking garage entrance. 

[Image: LeL5v9Z.jpg]

The steel frame is going up quickly.

This is going to fill this block in perfectly. I'm really excited to see some cladding (I know, I know, a ways off)
It's really big!  Still three more stories to go.  Feel's bigger to me in real life than in the renderings.
The floors have been poured.

They've started framing the next two floors.

[Image: 20190718-090612.jpg]
According to Perimeter's Instagram this will be done by March

Video 

Concrete drifting. I bet his pay is well into the 20s with great union benefits. I wouldn't mind doing that for a bit, it looks fun.

Edit: No doubt seniority decides who gets to ride that.

Edit again: I'm not sure why I wrote sonority...lol.
(07-29-2019, 07:34 PM)ac3r Wrote: Concrete drifting. I bet his pay is well into the 20s with great union benefits. I wouldn't mind doing that for a bit, it looks fun.

Edit: No doubt sonority decides who gets to ride that.

I wonder how they check on sonority?  Karaoke, perhaps?  Smile
(07-29-2019, 09:43 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 07:34 PM)ac3r Wrote: Concrete drifting. I bet his pay is well into the 20s with great union benefits. I wouldn't mind doing that for a bit, it looks fun.

Edit: No doubt sonority decides who gets to ride that.

I wonder how they check on sonority?  Karaoke, perhaps?  Smile

Doubtful. In this context, it would likely mean whoever was the loudest. I WANT TO RIDE THE CEMENT THINGY SO I CAN DO MY CONCRETE DRIFTING THINGY. And no doubt, this guy was the loudest. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

Definition
Sonority: a sonorous tone or speech
Onto the 6th and final story!

[Image: IZvSGI0.jpg]
Walking down King St this building definitely appears to have a much larger feel than I expected from the renders. I remember some comments early in the thread that it was "only" 6 floors, but the floor heights and general scale are certainly making it feel as tall as 305.

Not that any of this is a complaint, I think the scale fits well, but it's not what I expected.

(08-09-2019, 04:55 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Walking down King St this building definitely appears to have a much larger feel than I expected from the renders. I remember some comments early in the thread that it was "only" 6 floors, but the floor heights and general scale are certainly making it feel as tall as 305.

Not that any of this is a complaint, I think the scale fits well, but it's not what I expected.

I passed by the other day and thought that it looms over King St, but I think that is mainly because it lacks the setback of the neighbouring tower.  Once the glass goes on, I think it will fade back a bit.  Either way it's something one will get used to.
I too think the scale is perfect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »