Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl's Jr. Waterloo Town Square
Carl's Jr. 
Waterloo Town Square

[Image: photo1_zps4dd67a23.jpg]

I'm looking forward to trying this location out. I've tried out a few of the California locations and I'm curious to see if this Waterloo location matches my memories. Does anyone know when the actual opening is?
The best thing about this place is that it's a fast food joint that doesn't have a drive thru. Cross your fingers for precedent setting.
We walked by their hiring location inside Waterloo Town Square on the weekend, and if I recall, the target is Sept 12th. I could be wrong, and if so, their target is even sooner, but it was sometime next week.
I've never been to a Carl's Jr. Is it along the lines of a McDonalds or Burger King?
The is a huge difference in quality between Burger King and McDonalds (McD's being superior) I think the closest approximation to Carl's Jr might be Harvey's.
dunkalunk Wrote:I think the closest approximation to Carl's Jr might be Harvey's.

In Canadian terms I think it's more like A&W for their burger style/quality.

I asked a friend who lives in the U.S. about Carls Jr and his answer was that it makes McDonalds and BK seem like healthy options.
Tried it this evening. I had a Famous Star with Cheese, the burger really had a very similar taste to BK but fresher and topped better. I will have to try one of the thick burgers in the near future.
Here's some photos of the counter and what it looks like to order "to go":

[Image: gYd74eA.jpg]
[Image: 4UdnBtt.jpg]
[Image: 1WCzFN4.jpg]
Went today, agree with the BK correlation... very similar flavour.

I'm intrigued by the grilled fish and "in house made" chicken tenders and will try those next time. A good addition to uptown as it provides a much needed fast food option. Sometimes a guy needs a quick grease fix! :mrgreen:
I went today. Big lineup at 1pm. Ordered the 1/2 lb Jalapeno Thickburger. It was pretty good. I mean, don't read the nutritional breakdown on their website. If you are looking for lunch and dinner in one meal and an intense food coma nap 20 minutes after you finish eating it. I highly recommend it.
They must be doing something right: Carl’s Jr. plans rapid Ontario expansion 
Quote:America’s second-oldest burger franchise after White Castle opened its first Canadian location in Kelowna, B.C. in 2011 and is planning a rapid expansion across southern Ontario to carve into Canada’s massive $8 billion hamburger market, said Michael Woida, senior vice president, international, for Carl’s Jr. owner CKE Restaurants Inc. “Canada is one of our most important international expansions, and Ontario is really the lion’s share of the burger market,” he said. The company has plans to open 30 locations across the GTA and southern Ontario within six years, and upwards of 100 across the province over the next decade.

Presumably that would include more locations in the region.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »