Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
(07-27-2017, 10:34 AM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 11:12 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Don't forget the one parking lot owned by the region, plus GO Transit, Via Rail, and GRT, plus all four Libraries, and I'm sure the province, and feds have parking somewhere in the city.  Maybe some of these come under the same umbrella, but that's only public lots.  Generally, I think the biggest problem with parking is complexity and lack of awareness.

Lump in 2 Universities and a college as well (Although Conestoga has been successfully using the Honk app for a couple years now)

WLU also accepts Honk at its pay-and-display lots -- so there is choice for those who cannot (or prefer not to) use a mobile app for payment.

(07-31-2017, 01:39 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 10:34 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: Lump in 2 Universities and a college as well (Although Conestoga has been successfully using the Honk app for a couple years now)

WLU also accepts Honk at its pay-and-display lots -- so there is choice for those who cannot (or prefer not to) use a mobile app for payment.

Well its good to see some consistency in the app local lots are using. 

Coke
16 George has been demolished, you can see clear through to Regina and William:

The builder is Copper Bay Homes who have done a few other small builds nearby (Walter St, Mt Hope St, Allen St):

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Progress on St Louis school to condo conversion:

Aardvark drilling was doing some sampling at the former site of 155-159 Herbert St the other day. The long standing sign on the lot says that is owned by the city and is planned for development uses in the future. I seem to recall that the city was renting the former homes out before deciding to demolish the homes as part of a longer term parking strategy, but couldn't find anything to back that memory up.

(08-03-2017, 10:56 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Progress on St Louis school to condo conversion:

Is that what they are doing!? This has been ongoing for a while. Whenever I walk past it I wonder when they are planning to demolish the thing and how much density an infill development could get away with. I guess they are kind of doing that... Similar to the Alexandria condos I imagine.
(08-04-2017, 09:52 AM)Andy Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 10:56 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Progress on St Louis school to condo conversion:

Is that what they are doing!? This has been ongoing for a while. Whenever I walk past it I wonder when they are planning to demolish the thing and how much density an infill development could get away with. I guess they are kind of doing that... Similar to the Alexandria condos I imagine.

Designated heritage building, no?

The site for the affordable housing project at 184 and 186 Erb St E has been cleared.
I am still surprised nothing has happened at 115 Bridgeport E (location below), the land was cleared years ago and sold some time ago.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4700503,-...a=!3m1!1e3
(08-26-2017, 04:12 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I am still surprised nothing has happened at 115 Bridgeport E (location below), the land was cleared years ago and sold some time ago.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4700503,-...a=!3m1!1e3

Probably waiting to get their hands on the car dealership and Snuggler's lots too.

I only noticed recently that two homes on Moore between Erb and Bridgeport were demolished sometime in late 2015/early 2016.

Probably to do with the Heartland Farm Mutual expansion. The actual expansion seemed to fit within the existing property so it seems a little weird and expensive way to build an employee green space this way when you have so much excess parking you could have greened instead.
At least one, if not both, of these houses (182 and 184?) on Erb St E near Weber have been demolished.
Looks like the Alexandra Park expansion is underway. 46 William was demolished today.
Waterloo park is close by it doesn't seem like a great area to add another park

At least this one doesn't have a train running through it. ;-)
(09-22-2017, 05:45 PM)darts Wrote: Waterloo park is close by it doesn't seem like a great area to add another park

Sure it does. We're adding density in the core of the city, and people living in the core should have access to neighbourhood parks, not just rooftop landscaped space or whatever the new condos have.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »