Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
Might they move the northbound 7 to Caroline or something? But then you introduce complexity to a route they're trying to streamline. Gaah, why couldn't these project alterations get more public discussion?

Also, maybe this discussion should go to the GRT thread...
I misremembered the original drawing. The original intent was a bus bay to the right of the LRT track. So the buses would merge across.

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(04-05-2017, 08:58 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Does anyone know what is planned for the green space on the southeast corner of King and William? I think it is called Heritage Green. They took all the concrete planters, steps, etc. out during Ion construction. I suspect GrandLinq is just going to re-grade it with soil and grass, especially now that the previously planned GRT stop will not be here either, but does the city have a plan for the space? 

A semicircular concrete path has gone in:

[Image: eVCF9EF.jpg]
(04-18-2017, 09:40 AM)urbd Wrote: In other news (and also not sure if there is a better thread), the Uptown Waterloo streetscape project has officially started construction... trees have been removed from Bridgeport to Erb. This project has a very aggressive schedule to be completed in only 7 months, closing one or two blocks only at a time. Also part of Erb St will get rebuilt and the access from Erb to Albert will be realigned. I noticed that on-street parking was just added to Albert from Erb to Caroline, meaning that it is only one travel lane now! Great news in my opinion... cars are going significantly slower and more carefully through it.

King is fully closed north of Erb. 

[Image: Kwwb7Sc.jpg]
Alexandra park could be getting bigger:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-...-1.4121265
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.