Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abe Erb Brewery/Restaurant
They were canning when I had lunch their about a month ago and it was terribly loud.

Abe Erb owed hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid bills to dozens of businesses
Waterloo Region restaurant chain Abe Erb’s new boss banking on people liking a comeback story
(02-17-2021, 05:49 PM)Acitta Wrote: Waterloo Region restaurant chain Abe Erb’s new boss banking on people liking a comeback story

"Then there are the dozens of suppliers and vendors left unpaid by the original Abe Erb’s bankruptcy. Thirty-nine unsecured creditors have claimed approximately $513,000 for unpaid work or services, and at least 17 of those businesses are locally owned or operated. They range from bakeries, landscapers and brewers, to tradespeople, farmers and law firms.
Prudham said he feels for those businesses, and hopes they’ll work with him again.
“These people didn’t get payment, but these are the people I’ll be leaning on to work with me again,” he said. A few have already agreed to resume business under the new management group, Prudham said."

I dunno, I don't feel real good about this...they're declaring bankruptcy, those vendors (small businesses) are going unpaid, and they hope to just start back up again in the same spaces?
(02-17-2021, 06:52 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 05:49 PM)Acitta Wrote: Waterloo Region restaurant chain Abe Erb’s new boss banking on people liking a comeback story

"Then there are the dozens of suppliers and vendors left unpaid by the original Abe Erb’s bankruptcy. Thirty-nine unsecured creditors have claimed approximately $513,000 for unpaid work or services, and at least 17 of those businesses are locally owned or operated. They range from bakeries, landscapers and brewers, to tradespeople, farmers and law firms.
Prudham said he feels for those businesses, and hopes they’ll work with him again.
“These people didn’t get payment, but these are the people I’ll be leaning on to work with me again,” he said. A few have already agreed to resume business under the new management group, Prudham said."

I dunno, I don't feel real good about this...they're declaring bankruptcy, those vendors (small businesses) are going unpaid, and they hope to just start back up again in the same spaces?

Go figure. This also happens during a restructuring bankruptcy; under a CCAA proceedings suppliers have to continue supplying on the same terms as before the filing, with the rationale that it's better for companies to continue operating and hopefully eventually pay people back.
Prudham may have been just an investor, but he would still likely be seen as an insider. A tough row to hoe, I think, to convince people to give him a second chance. Why will it be different the second time?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »