Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(05-04-2021, 07:24 AM)creative Wrote: Has anyone asked why it goes so slow?

Probably, but experience shows that they aren’t responsive to questions. I would not expect to see any public explanation of that, and I would be very surprised to see any engagement at all with the details or with a deeper discussion. For example, suppose we had the following questions (paraphrased):

Q: why does the LRT go so slowly along Courtland?

A: for safety [wouldn’t expect to see this or any response, but they might say something vague like this]

Q: [supposing the previous reply was made] OK, but why specifically? There are lots of places more curved than that where it goes faster, and the cars on the adjacent road have no trouble going 50km/h faster than the LRT. What is different about this location?

A: … [would probably fall off my chair if I saw a meaningful reply here; my guess is the answer is some biffle-baffle about the curve at Hayward, but that is way too far away for that to make any sense]

I do understand that the LRT organization or any authority cannot be expected to engage indefinitely with argumentative questioners, but the above questions are entirely reasonable. Basically, I want the people running the place to act like people, not like robots. They should be pleased people are interested, and willing to actually re-think their opinions based on what they read; and responses shouldn’t just be PR babyfood but actual engagement. This is what I do at work every day: I often make a decision about how things need to work which doesn’t survive contact with client expectations; at which point I think some more.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 05-04-2021, 07:42 AM