Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(03-31-2021, 10:43 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 09:27 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: "I do object to stopping for nothing at all"...lol...pedestrians know that pain well:

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.453789,-...384!8i8192

Yes, that one is particularly egregious. Somebody (ideally the Region, but whoever really) should bag the spurious signals.

At Erb/Caroline I’ve been known to either walk or go through on my bike at speed diagonally parallel to the tracks while the gates are down.

Just the other day I had the vague idea for some sort of performance art project which takes over Erb immediately east of Caroline each time the gates are down and clears out by the time they’re up again.

They should, and it's been requested half a dozen times. They care so little about pedestrians they won't even bag the lights. This kind of behaviour just reveals their priorities. They want to know why I have nothing good to say about them, this is why.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 03-31-2021, 12:05 PM