Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(12-20-2019, 12:16 AM)jeffster Wrote: Upper Ottawa and Fennell for me -- took forever to get anywhere, as this was before The Linc (when Limeridge was a useful road). At the time I was working in Cambridge and Mohawk was still the quickest route. Move back to Kitchener in 1995, so happy with our expressway -- but I still miss the 1 way roads down the mountain.

Dundas, though, that was a good place to live. Still is, pretty much it's still the same. Winona is also nice - especially the microclimate that they have (little snow).

I can honestly say that the one-way streets were a lot of the reason why we worked so earnestly to get back to KW. We couldn't imagine kids walking along Main Street. We liked our neighbourhood a lot, and see a lot of similarities between it and our neighbourhood in Kitchener, but there was a certain feeling of being trapped by those terrible multi-lane arterials with traffic roaring down them.

I've known people who live and garden in Winona. I do miss the relatively balmy weather in the lower city.

Anyway, sorry to everyone else for getting so off-topic. There are big differences between Hamilton and Waterloo Region, and I am pretty hopeful about Phase 2's chances.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 12-20-2019, 03:07 PM