Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(12-18-2019, 07:16 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Hamilton's mayor just released the province's cost estimates after they refused to do it under the guise of "proprietary and confidential information". It looks like added about $3 billion for long-term financing, operations, and maintenance, and $500m for contingency and escalation to the basic capital costs. For reference, ION's contingency fund was about $12m.

https://www.hamilton.ca/government-infor...ncial-cost

Gotta admit, Fred is sassy. Salty too, over the outcome.

I still think Hamilton should take some of the burden, but that city be looking for freebies only. And at that, the majority of people were still against it. Seeing the reaction to my friends in Hamilton and they're all praising Ford, a dude they normally hate.

I imagine the hatred is based on this: The original city of Hamilton, is about 330,000 - roughly. You probably have 140,000 living "Up the mountain" so 190,000 people living "down the mountain". I would guess that those from Ancaster, Dundas, Stoney Creek and "Up the Mountain" have little interest in this project....not to mention the rest of Hamilton which butts up against Cambridge and the 401.

What I have never understood, much like I don't understand the people of Woolwich, why do you care? Not your cash, technically.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by jeffster - 12-18-2019, 10:11 PM