Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(11-20-2019, 07:17 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 01:30 AM)taylortbb Wrote: You're not going to find a citation in public records, but I can confirm the veracity of Dan's statement. I talked privately with the region about the issue (as a part of TriTAG), and Cadillac Fairview definitely didn't want the bus terminal on their property. Management views bus riders as just taking up space and using facilities meant for paying customers, without ever buying anything. 

Conestoga Mall is quite the contrast, where management views bus riders as a key source of customers, and has been extremely accommodating of GRT.

Of course this may have something to do with the different demographics of transit ridership between the two areas.
You mean like when they started ticketing anyone who parked their car there and rode on the LRT ?

Also, what does demographics have to do with it.  Many people ride transit irrespective of their socially economic status.  You statement implies that people boarding the train in the south are not as well off as people boarding a train in North Waterloo....  I board the train with my family at Fairview, I can advise that my income is well above that of the median income of Waterloo..

They didn't ticket anyone, they threatened to ticket people, as I recall, I didn't see any stories of actual tickets. And yes, using valuable mall resources and not patronizing the mall *is* a problem, that *should* be ticketed. That doesn't mean tha the mall value GRT passengers who arrive at the mall.

"Many people ride transit regardless of their social status"....yes, absolutely, but a) many people do not, and b) it's crystal clear to everyone that not everyone thinks this, so don't pretend otherwise, that isn't remotely what taylorbb implied.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 11-20-2019, 10:11 AM